IT-Services Instructions and FAQ
Office 365 - How to get started and instructions
With Office 365 you are able to work on Microsoft Office documents (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) in your browser. You also have access to OneDrive cloud storage where you can save your files (Office documents, PDFs, photos, et. al.) From Office 365 portal you can also download software (e.g. Office 365 ProPlus and Skype for Business*) for your home computer and mobile devices.
Software for your home computer
- Log in to Office 365 with your University of Vaasa user account at https://portal.office.com/
- Students**: email@example.com
- Personnel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MFA Authentication in Microsoft Services (https://it.uwasa.fi/guides/en/all/Office+365+-+How+to+get+started+and+instructions)
- Use Install Office button (which can be found at the top of Office 365 home page) to download the Office 365 software package. Other installs link (found under the button) lists other programs for your home computer (e.g. Skype for Business*).
- Links to Office app downloads for mobile devices (iOS, Android et. al.) can also be found from Other installs page.
- After installing Office, start OneDrive program and log in using your University of Vaasa user account.
Once you have Office 365 installed on your home computer you can save files directly to OneDrive cloud storage and they become available to you anywhere (ie. from your mobile device or any computer you can log in to Office 365 with). You can also save to and open files from Word, Excel and other Office programs. OneDrive is also now accessible from your file explorer.
Office 365 ProPlus can be installed on five of your devices.
- Having trouble logging in? Please contact email@example.com
- Files stored in OneDrive are not backed up
- Office 365 software and service are available only for as long as you study or work at the University of Vaasa
Move your files away from OneDrive before you stop studying/working at the University
- OneDrive cloud storage is physically located on Microsoft's servers outside of Finland
Please take this into consideration when storing confidential data
- Personnel! More information: Data processing instructions